History & Past Accomplishments
Founded nearly half a century ago by Pinkie Garver as the Extension Board of the Chicago Maternity Center, the Children’s Service Board has gone from planning small events such as second-hand clothing and holiday card sales to planning the highly successful annual Gold Coast Fashion Award Show.
Since affiliating with Lurie Children’s, the board has raised more than $17 million to support and advance critical areas of pediatric care.
- Completed their $1 million commitment to the Division of Pediatric Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (2015)
- Completed a $3 million commitment to the Department of Pediatric Surgery (2014)
- Raised $2 million to support the needs and programs of Lurie Children’s (2007)
- Secured a $1 million gift from CME Trust, allowing their total fundraising efforts to reach $1.9 million to support Child Advocacy and other programs (2006)
- Fulfilled a $2.5 million commitment to Pediatric Cardiac Services (2005)
- Completed a $3 million project to support the Hand in Hand Campaign (2005)
- Completed their first commitment as a Lurie Children’s affiliated organization and raised more than $1 million to support and endow the Children’s Service Board Emergency Transport Program (1992)