Date: Thursday, September 30
Hybrid Event: Virtual race and in-person after party
After Party Time: 6:30pm 9:30pm
Location: Diversey Harbor in Lincoln Park (across from Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum)
2430 North. Cannon Drive, Chicago, IL (map)
- Exclusive event t-shirt
- Access to the after party
- Invite to the Strava club to get virtual route options
How does the virtual race work?
Run, jog, or walk a 5K or 1 mile anytime, anywhere from Thursday, September 30 Sunday, October 3. Get route ideas and track your run or walk in the Run for Gus strava group.
Need help with creating a 5K route? Post in the group the location you need a route for, and we will create it for you. We encourage participants to run or walk with family and friends and end your route at Diversey Harbor for the after party.
After Party presented by C.H. Robinson
Attend the in-person outdoor after party to safely celebrate with the Run for Gus community on Thursday, September 30 at Diversey Harbor starting at 6:30pm. Enjoy a fun night with…
- Pizza, sandwiches, snacks, and more
- Soft drinks and adult beverages (*must 21 or older to drink)
- Live music with Next Week Ban
- Kid activities with George’s Gym
- Chance to win raffle prizes
COVID Guidelines & Safety Information
Run for Gus Safety Precautions
Run for Gus adheres to all CDC, IDPH, and CDPH or applicable local guidelines for capacity restrictions, face covering/masking, food and drink service, hand hygiene, cleaning and social distancing. Participants and attendees must be free from symptoms of COVID-19 or recent COVID-19 exposure and agree to comply with (i) all applicable law, (ii) the current recommendations and guidance regarding COVID-19 and other contagious diseases issued by the CDC and applicable public health authorities, and (iii) all rules of the venues and hosts. In addition, before entering the after-party, guests must sign and accept the Participation Terms and Conditions, including the Waiver of Liability.
COVID-19 vaccination is strongly encouraged and all recommendations and guidance is subject to change. For more information on COVID-19, including factors that may put you at higher risk, please consult your health care professional.
Our additional event safety procedures:
- Our event venue is outdoors and provides ample opportunity for social distancing.
- When not eating or drinking, CDPH recommends that all staff and attendees, regardless of vaccination status, wear masks whenever social distancing cannot be maintained.
- Hand sanitizer and masks will be readily available at the event site.
- Staff and attendees are asked not to attend the event if they are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or have recently been exposed to someone with COVID-19.
All registered participants will receive an exclusive event t-shirt. Participants can pick-up their t-shirts at the after-party or receive their t-shirt in the mail after the event.
Limited street parking is available on Cannon Drive. We recommend the use of the various public lots surrounding Lincoln Park and Diversey Harbor.