What can my donation support at Lurie Children’s?
There are many pediatric specialties, programs and services at the hospital that your donation can support. If you have a specific passion or a specialty, such as pediatric cancer, Team Lurie Childrens will work with you to ensure your donation goes directly to that area. Please see below for a sample of the areas that your donations can support.
- Children’s Fund: These unrestricted donations will support Lurie Children’s areas of greatest need.
- Heart Center: The Heart Center at Lurie Children’s provides care for patients with the most complex and serious heart conditions, ranging in age from infants to young adults. As the region’s largest children’s heart center, we care for more patients with cardiac conditions than any other hospital in Illinois.
- Cancer and Blood Disorders: The Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders at Lurie Children’s treats more children with cancer and blood disorders than any other hospital in Illinois. Although cancer is rare in children, we treat 220 new patients each year for a wide range of childhood cancers.
- Falk Brain Tumor Center: Lurie Children’s Falk Brain Tumor Center offers highly specialized, state-of the-art care for children with brain tumors, the most common solid tumor diagnosed in children. The center is designed specifically to treat children with brain and central nervous system tumors.
- Neonatology (NICU): The Division of Neonatology at Lurie Children's provides the highest level of care to the most critically ill newborns in the region.
- Neurosciences: The Division of Pediatric Neurology sees one in three children hospitalized at Lurie Children's. In fact, more families bring children with neurologic conditions to us for care or for second opinions than to any other single hospital in the state. We have some of the most comprehensive neurology specialty programs in the region.
- Family Services: Lurie Children’s is not only focused on treating children’s illnesses, but we are also committed to making sure our patients and their families are supported mentally, emotionally and spiritually. We connect with our patient families through our staff members, programs and the unique spaces that make our high-quality care possible.