Though you may not be a doctor, nurse or researcher, you can raise important funds to make their work at Lurie Children’s possible. Team Lurie Children's is our opportunity to bring the community together to support the patients and families of the hospital. Every dollar you raise helps save and improve the life of a child.
Fundraising is easier than you think! To help guide you through your fundraising efforts, download our fundraising checklist Here are some tips to get you started.
Tip #1: Personalize your fundraising page
- Add an image or photo that illustrates your story.
- Share your reasons for why you are participating in this year's event.
Tip #2: Set a fundraising goal
- Make your goal challenging but attainable.
- Lead by example and make a self-donation.
- Follow up with your network again once you reach your goal!
Tip #3: Ask, ask, ask
- Use the sample emails within your participant center to reach your friends, family and colleagues.
- Spread the word on your Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram accounts. Check back later for the Team Lurie Children's social media toolkit. You'll have everything you need to make it easy to spread the word on social media, including sample posts, images and more.
- Take advantage of the blog feature on your personal fundraising page and keep your supporters updated on your progress. The more you show your dedication to the cause, the more they’ll want to lend their support!
- Get creative!
Tip #4: Maximize donations through matching gift programs
Encourage friends and family to check with their Human Resources department to see if their company has a corporate matching gift program. Our Matching Gifts tool can be helpful in determining which companies match donations. Your supporters will need to complete a matching gift form (available from their company's Human Resources department) and send it in with their donation.
Tip #5: Thank your supporters
Don't forget to send thank you messages to your friends and family for their support. A sample thank you e-mail can be found in your participant center. Or, consider publicly thanking your donors on social media.