Aon Center 200 E. Randolph Street Chicago, IL 60601 (See a map)
Entrance to the building is via the parking garage or the south lobby entrance on Randolph St.
- Schedule of events:
- 7:00 a.m. Site opens
- 7:45 a.m. Program
- 8:00 a.m.-12:30 Steppers Step Up!
- 8:00 a.m. 1:30 p.m. Post-Race party on 80th floor
- Start Times
To find your assigned start time, click here. Please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to your time to park, check your gear and pick up your bib and t-shirt. We will do our best to ensure you are in line for the stairwell, or in the stairwell, as close to that time as possible. Please note some delays outside of our control can occur. Please note we cannot accommodate start time changes!
- Event Site Map
- Early Packet Pick-Up
A “packet” is just your race bib and event t-shirt. You may pick up your bib and t-shirt at Fleet Feet Sports Old Town (1706 N. Wells Street) on the following dates or times. This is a new store and located one block north from previous years’ Packet Pick-Up! Family and friends may pick up your race day bib and shirt with a copy of your photo I.D., including an e-mail or text message photo, or written consent.
- Friday, January 26: 4 p.m. - 8 p.m.
- Saturday, January 27: 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Day of Packet Pick-Up
A “packet” is just your race bib and event t-shirt. You may also pick up packet materials on-site at the event starting at 7 a.m. Packet pick-up is being hosted by Sopraffina this year, and can be seen on the map at location 4. Family and friends may pick up your race day bib and shirt with a copy of your photo I.D., including an e-mail or text message photo, or written consent.
Did one of your family or friends not register by Wednesday at noon? They can still register at Packet Pick-Up at Fleet Feet Sports or on the morning on the event at the Aon Center, at the day of event registration table, which is space 3 on the LOWER LEVEL LOBBY MAP.
Friends and family of steppers are welcome to attend the event. Guests will not be allowed on the 80th floor or upper lobby. The lower lobby will be congested at times, so they are encouraged to enjoy Michigan Ave. or Millennium Park while you are stepping!
- Gear Check
We recommend using gear check only for gym bags, keys, purses, totes, wallets, and other small items. Steppers must check all gear, no personal items will be allowed in the stairwell. If you are driving, we encourage you to leave your large winter coats in the car. If you are not driving or if you wish to wear your winter coat from the connected parking garage, it’s no problem, we will still be able to check it at gear check if it can’t fit in your checked bag. Please have your coat off and ready when you get to the gear check table so we can help people as fast as possible. We will have garbage bags for groups to put winter coats in together to check as one item as well. We will have a simple filing system for small items (keys, phones, wallets, etc.). Our goal is to make gear check as convenient, quick and friendly as possible, so we appreciate the help!
- Fundraising Countdown
There’s still time to gain support from family, friends, and co-workers! Visit the Fundraising Tips section of the website and use the tools available to you, including sample e-mails, social media posts and more.
Remember that all adult participants (ages 13 and above) are required to fundraise $100 more than the registration fee they paid. All donations must be turned in by February 28, 2018. Participants will be sent an e-mail at least one week prior to that date to inform them of their fundraising balance minus shared team gifts.
Discounted parking will be available for $6 in the Aon Center Parking Garage, located at lower Lake Street and Columbus drive until 3 p.m.
- From Michigan Avenue turn east onto Lake Street (just south of Wacker)
- Turn left (north) onto Stetson Street
- From Stetson, turn right (east) onto South Water
- Go east one block to Columbus
- Make a sharp left U-turn and go down the ramp to the first stop sign
- Make another left at the stop sign
- Veer left and follow signs to the Aon Center parking garage
- Park on level 4 or 5 and take the elevators up to the lobby
Please note all guests should park in garage. Street parking is extremely limited and you will be ticketed if you park in most areas surrounding the Aon Center. Street parking passes are not being issued this year.
- Public Transport
The Wabash/Randolph stop is the closest stop to the Aon Center (Brown and Purple 'L' lines.)
Water will be available on floors 10, 20, 30, 40, 51, 61, 71 and 80.
Restrooms will be available on floors 10, 20, 30, 40, 51, 61, 71 and 80. There is also a public bathroom for participants and guests in the lower lobby.
An advanced life support ambulance will be on site for the duration of the event.
- Bib Number
Please pin your participant number on the FRONT of your clothing.
- Post-Climb Party
Following your climb, enjoy complimentary food and beverages, live music performed by Spakl and a spectacular view of the city at the Mid-America Club Finish Line Celebration, on the 80th floor. From the top, each stepper will take the elevator down to the mezzanine level to enjoy more complimentary food and beverages at our food court, then make their way down to the main lobby of the Aon Center to meet up with friends and family. Don't miss out on the fun for the whole family at our Kids Corner!
Results will be posted on the Step Up website and mychicagoathlete.com by noon Monday, January 29.
You can view more frequently asked questions here.
- Event Hashtag & Snapchat Filter:
Share your event photos and updates on your social media channels using the hashtag #stepupforkids and try out our new Step Up Snapchat filter on event day. It’s a great way to gain last-minute support!
- NEW THIS YEAR!
We have worked hard responding to Stepper thoughts and suggestions from previous years, and have some fun NEW ideas to make your experience even more special:
- Grab a “I Step Up for _______” sticker while you are in line for the stairwell. Write your reason for stepping on the sticker and pin it to your shirt, carrying it with you for all of your steps, and put it on our inspirational wall on the 80th floor.
- To alleviate congestion in the hallway and make the day-of experience as quick as possible, Sopraffina is hosting our bib and t-shirt pick-up on event day.
- We will be LIVE STREAMING to all hospital rooms so you can say hello to kids and their families, who will be tuning in the morning of the event from 7:30 9:30 a.m.! E-mail a short message to kids (10 words or less) by e-mailing email@example.com.
- As a further reminder of why we are stepping, we will have photos from the Family Life Center scrolling throughout the event site
- And more!
On behalf of all the patients and families at Lurie Children’s, thank you for “stepping up” to the challenge!