Through your fundraising efforts, you can help contribute to the next breakthrough in pediatric medicine. Aon Step Up for Kids is your opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children cared for at Lurie Children’s.
Here are some tips to get you started. If you're a team captain, download the team captain checklist to help guide your team through the event.
Tip #1: Personalize your fundraising page
- Add an image or photo that illustrates your story.
- Share your reasons for why you are participating in this year's event.
Tip #2: Set a fundraising goal
- Make your goal challenging but attainable.
- Lead by example and make a self-donation.
- Follow up with your network again once you reach your goal!
Tip #3: Ask, ask, ask
- Use the sample emails within your participant center to reach your friends, family and colleagues.
- Spread the word on your Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram accounts. Check back later for the Aon Step Up for Kids social media toolkit. You'll have everything you need to make it easy to spread the word on social media, including sample posts, images and more.
- Take advantage of the blog feature on your personal fundraising page and keep your supporters updated on your progress. The more you show your dedication to the cause, the more they’ll want to lend their support!
- Get creative!
Tip #4: Maximize donations through matching gift programs
Encourage friends and family to check with their Human Resources department to see if their company has a corporate matching gift program. Our Matching Gifts tool can be helpful in determining which companies match donations. Your supporters will need to complete a matching gift form (available from their company's Human Resources department) and send it in with their donation.
Tip #5: Thank your supporters
Don't forget to send thank you messages to your friends and family for their support. A sample thank you e-mail can be found in your participant center. Or, consider publicly thanking your donors on social media.